Assignment 4: World Affairs Council Logo

What were you trying to accomplish?

The requirement was to make a logo for a local non-profit called the World Affairs Council in Tacoma, WA. According to their website "The World Affairs Council Tacoma (WACT) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization whose mission is to promote public understanding of world affairs, and to enhance the ability of its members to engage in a global community."I wanted to create a logo that was more youthful, fresh, and modern, and looked somewhat similar to the old logo. I really paid a lot of attention to what kind of font I used to accomplish this. I also wanted to make the logo as simple as possible. It probably took me about a half hour to finish the entire logo, and a similar amount of time sketching ideas. I actually ended up making something a bit different than the sketches I made. 

What technical skills did you use to create the project?

I used my drawing skills to sketch ideas for the logo in my personal sketchbook, then I downloaded some free fonts and used Illustrator's pen tool to bring it all to life.

How do you feel you did on the project?

I think I did well on this project. I was surprised with how little time it took for me to make it. It's impossible to tell if the WACT would like the logo or not since they didn't actually hire someone to make their logo for them and tell them what they wanted out of a logo, but I did the best I could with as little information I had.

Comments