Assignment 17: Replicating Vintage Illustration


Original is on the left, replication on the right.

What were you trying to accomplish?

I replicated a vintage travel poster for Hawaii in Illustrator. I tried to match the poster as accurately as I could. 


What technical skills did you use to create the project?

I used Illustrator to copy the image I found. I used the pen tool to accomplish this. I used the type tool to type the small text underneath the Continental logo since it was too small to use the pen tool. I used the eyedropper to match the colors. I also used a clipping mask to trim off the edges of the canvas since some artwork went off the edge.

How do you feel you did on the project?

I did great! I had a lot of fun making this. It was tedious to make all the layers but I really like the final product.

Comments