Assignment 5: Painting

What were you trying to accomplish?

I wanted to make a picture that represented a connection with nature (inspired by Earth Day). I was originally going to make a generic mother nature kind of figure but ended up going with the self portrait. I had to use a photo of myself as a reference for the painting anyway.


What technical skills did you use to create the project?

I downloaded Photoshop brushes and used my painting skills to paint in Photoshop. I used blending modes to blend the paint layers in interesting ways.

How do you feel you did on the project?

Great! I haven't had the chance to work on a personal painting in a long time and it was a joy to work on. Next time I would start the painting in CMYK because converting RGB to CMYK resulted in a loss of some vivid colors.

Comments